Sweet potatoes are a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
Following are just some of the nutrients provided by sweet potatoes:
22 grams carbohydrates * 3 grams fiber
- Beta-carotene aids in vision and bone development and also Immune system function.
- Vitamin C helps fight Infections, heal wounds, and aids in absorption of nutrients.
- Manganese helps to maintain normal blood sugar levels and optimal thyroid function.
- Fiber nourishes the gut flora and helps create healthy bowels and lowers cholesterol.
- Complex carbohydrates provide energy and vitality.
- Antioxidants reduce the risk of chronic diseases.