Boston Baked Beans – Crockpot Style
- 1 pound of beans – navy, pinto, or great northern
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 cup water
- ¼ pound of Bacon (diced), or a piece of salt pork (diced)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
Soak beans in water overnight with water being about 3 inches over top of beans. Drain and rinse beans. Place beans in crockpot and add all other ingredients. Cook about 12 hours.
- Add a touch of maple syrup.
- Add a hint of dry mustard.
- Serve traditionally with Boston Brown Bread, which is also rich in Iron (from the molasses content)